I am award winning journalist and broadcaster specialising in global health, environment and developing world issues. A former ITN health and science correspondent and television news anchor (Sky and BBC World News) I moderate panels for a number of EU organisations, particularly the European Commission.
My day job is Executive Producer for a UK based independent Television Production Company that makes factual programmes for international TV channels. www.rockhopper.tv
Prior to moderating any conference or seminar, I make sure I am well prepared, liaising with the organisers and panellists beforehand. I aim to make sessions as lively as possible, keeping to time and ensuring that the audience is engaged. I will ask challenging questions if necessary.
- April 2014 Research Programme on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security, London
- April 2013 – European Commission Civil Protection Forum, Brussels
- May 2013 International Labour Conference, Geneva
- June 2013 European Commission Green Week, Brussels
- October 2012 UN High Level Panel post 2015. Moderated London session on stewardship of natural resources (UK Department for International Development)
- October 2012 OECD Annual Food Chain Network Meeting, Paris
- October 2012 European Development Days, Brussels
- June 2012 Rio + 20 moderating 3 high level ministerial panels, Rio de Janiero
- December 2010: high level ministerial panel at the Cancun climate conference in Mexico
- 2008: Invited by WHO’s Director General to moderate a roundtable of First Ladies to discuss ways of improving maternal health around the world, UN assembly New York
“Your excellent moderation was particularly helpful and I am extremely grateful to you for taking time to be part of this event”
Michael Anderson, Prime Minister’s Envoy on post-2015 Development Goals
“You were ‘excellent’ which is always nice to hear!”
Knight Ayton Management on feedback from Eye4Pharma panel.